April 27 in #LosAngeles: “Good Grief – Who’s Going to Cover LA Now?” Media Reform Summit
You’re invited to the 6th Annual LA Media Reform Summit at Occidental College
Good Grief – Who’s Going to Cover LA Now?
We wanted you to be the first to know about this year’s event. We’re focusing on a local issue: the LA Times. With the paper possibly looking at new ownership as its parent company emerges from bankruptcy, will a rumored buyout by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. or the Koch Brothers improve the paper’s news coverage? Would a different merger, sale, or consolidation better serve the community? If not, how will Angelenos get their local government news coverage – what will be the consequences of that shift?
This half day summit will study these issues and bring to light new ideas for how to make LA news better.
- Former FCC Commissioner Michael Copps
- President & CEO of Media Matters, Matt Butler
- Editor-in-Chief of Truthdig, Robert Scheer
- Huffington Post LA Reporter, Kathleen Miles
- Host of KPFK’s Background Briefing, Ian Masters
- Executive Director, Media Consortium, Jo Ellen Kaiser
- Publisher of Truthdig, Zuade Kaufman
- The Young Turks Producer and Co-Host, Ana Kasparin,
- LA Progressive Co-Founder, Sharon Kyle
- KCETLink Web Editor, Brian Frank